Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Friday, June 7, 2019

Summer Brain Challenge ~ Day 5, 6 & 7!

Hey...been busy...I'm catchin' up!!! So, who all is putting Dr. Perlmutter's suggestions into action? Maybe just one suggestion? Maybe they all are calling to you?!?



#SummerBrainChallenge ~ Day 5
Eat With The Season
.
Now that's easier said than done in the high desert, Great Basin, of SE Oregon! Planting anything before June is a death sentence!!
.
Living in a remote area has it's challenges and rewards. The bounty in the photo is from a prior year, but with persistence and patience, it's well worth it! The down side is that we have a very short growing season.
.
We are blessed with a produce truck that comes to town beginning mid-summer. They bring us regionally grown fruits and veggies that we so much appreciate!
.
Frozen veggies may hold the nutrients, but the flavor and texture are just lost. To me, there's nothing like fresh veggies for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
.
I'd show you a pic of my tomato plants that I put in 4 days ago...but, I prefer to think of what they're going to produce this summer!
.

#SummerBrainChallenge #getyoursummerbrainon #ketoforlife #cleaneating #healthybrain #healthybody #eatrealfood #selfcare #goingseizurefree #cancersurvivor



#SummerBrainChallenge ~ Day 6
Master Your Blood Sugar
.
Dr. Perlmutter writes: "Added sugars and high glycemic index foods are everywhere. Try to cut added sugar from your diet completely for the rest of the challenge period - keeping your blood sugar stable will make you feel amazing."
.
Sugar really is everywhere! Today was grocery day...label reading day...just to buy bacon without sugar is impossible in our small town. It's so frustrating!!
.
I make all my condiments and baked goods to get the right ingredients. It's worth the effort! .,.,.,
Sweeteners are sweeteners, and are a treat, not a staple. So these applesauce muffins use honey, and are wonderful, but are made on a limited basis 😉
.

#SummerBrainChallenge #getyoursummerbrainon #ketoforlife #cleaneating #healthybrain #healthybody #selfcare #goingseizurefree #cancersurvivor #sugarfree #grainfree




#SummerBrainChallenge ~ Day 7
How's it Going?
.
Yes, week one is in the books!! Actually, I'm feeling better; more energy and purpose.
.
I've been carb cheating for the past few months. My husband decided that it would be easier on me if he ate what I ate...isn't that sweet of him?!? Well, he lost 20 pounds...and he was already skinny!!! With my nutritionist's help, we determined that a low carb diet wasn't the best for him...he's extremely active with a high metabolism. So, we added organic white potatoes and organic white rice (cooked then frozen before eaten) back into his diet. Well, I would have a small portion myself too 😉☺!! But, not this week!
.
I'm working toward strictly Keto, so this was as good of a time as any!
.
Breakfast salads are one of my favorites!!! This is my super-sized BLT with the works! Yes, I broke my egg yolk LOL!!

It's a wonderful Friday, I hope everyone has great plans for the weekend!!!

In Health & Love~ 

 #DoLifeBetter 

 gtyyup

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~