Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Monday, June 3, 2019

Summer Brain Challenge ~ Day 3 ~ Get those greens!



#SummerBrainChallenge ~ Day 3
Get those greens!
.
And I LOVE my leafy greens! It can be just a side salad like this Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette, or it can be a full lunch or dinner...stack on your favorite toppings...the more the better, right??!!
.
Here's the easy recipe for today's photo:
Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
.
1 bunch fresh organic baby spinach
1 cup sliced fresh organic strawberries
1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola (I also like Feta) cheese
1/2 cup raw pecans (or almonds, pine nuts or whatever you like)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and ground black pepper to taste
.
Stir the balsamic vinegar and honey together in a bowl; slowly stream the olive oil into the mixture while whisking continuously. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving.
.
I make a full batch of dressing and there is enough for another meal or two! Enjoy!

In Health & Love~ 

 #DoLifeBetter 

 gtyyup

1 comment:

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~