Howdy 'n Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee, and enjoy the ride! You can contact me at gtyyup at wildblue dot net. See ya on down the trail!
All photos and content on this blog are exclusively mine, unless noted.
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Stills~Your Favorite Place

~I'd like to try a man's life just for once.~
~Alice Green 1892~

This week's Sunday Stills photo challenge is "Your Favorite Place." Well, my take on this challenge  might be just a lil' bit different...This is my best saddle, and it's my favorite place. This saddle takes me to so many places that I wouldn't get to see...mainly because I want to get there with four strong, steady legs underneith me...my best friend the horse~


Best Seat in the World




The Land Stretches as Far as the Eye Can See
We climb to the top of hills and mountains to see a view that most don't get the opportunity to see.


Trailin' Cows out of the Forest
We ride for hours trailing cow/calf pairs in the desert and out of the forest where the landscape changes with the elevation as the day wears on.


Colt 45 & Me
Photo by My Man. We also get to sit in the best seat in the house...working a cow out of the herd at the cutting shows.

My saddle (and trusty horse) can take me anywhere I want to go!!

Check out the other participant's favorite places by going here!

16 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Phew!

dibear said...

I love your "favorite place"! :)

Shirley said...

You nailed it! Nice saddle, who's the maker?

thecrazysheeplady said...

Wonderful!!! Especially like the cattle shot.

Crystal said...

Excellent, thats one of my favorite spots as well :)

Annette said...

Beautiful saddle! It looks very comfortable. ...and I like all the places it takes you too.

5 Starr's Farm said...

Perfect!

gowestferalwoman said...

I like that saddle of yours too! I remember saddles... I remember Spring... I think...:D

That shot of the cows in the woods reminds me of the cattle drive through a section of woods we were working in. There were cows that were actually hiding from the cowboys. They were as quiet as statues, on top of a treed ridge, hoping we would think they were big rocks... They reminded me of 9 year boys who broke a window and were ditching us... lol

lisa said...

I think that is a great take on your favorite place! The pictures were beautiful. I love your saddle too! You gave me some ideas on color schemes for saddle blankets too ;)

Mikey said...

Great pictures, as always :) When I saw this Sunday Stills, I thought that's what I would take a picture of, my saddle :)

cdncowgirl said...

I was going to use a pic of my saddle too... unfortunately Tucker was VERY bad yesterday and ate my camera case. Camera survived but need a new cable so I had to use archived pics

Maia said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. These shots are so well done.

Ed said...

Excellent, I figured in the saddle with Colt would be your favorite place, and the beautiful country setting you live in..:-)

gtyyup said...

Shirley~The maker is Clay Sharp. When he made this saddle for me, he was living in NE Oregon...then he went to Alaska...now I think he's in Arizona. You can Google his name and he should come up.

cdncowgirl~well, glad the most important part survived, the camera. But, I cheated on this Challenge...all these photos are from my archives too ;~)

Thanks!!

chloephotography said...

i like the sharpness in your cattle photos, nicely done

Atomix said...

I think it's great your saddle is your favourite place! Who ever said it had to be stationary :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin