Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Stills~Your Favorite Place

~I'd like to try a man's life just for once.~
~Alice Green 1892~

This week's Sunday Stills photo challenge is "Your Favorite Place." Well, my take on this challenge  might be just a lil' bit different...This is my best saddle, and it's my favorite place. This saddle takes me to so many places that I wouldn't get to see...mainly because I want to get there with four strong, steady legs underneith me...my best friend the horse~


Best Seat in the World




The Land Stretches as Far as the Eye Can See
We climb to the top of hills and mountains to see a view that most don't get the opportunity to see.


Trailin' Cows out of the Forest
We ride for hours trailing cow/calf pairs in the desert and out of the forest where the landscape changes with the elevation as the day wears on.


Colt 45 & Me
Photo by My Man. We also get to sit in the best seat in the house...working a cow out of the herd at the cutting shows.

My saddle (and trusty horse) can take me anywhere I want to go!!

Check out the other participant's favorite places by going here!

16 comments:

  1. I love your "favorite place"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it! Nice saddle, who's the maker?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!!! Especially like the cattle shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent, thats one of my favorite spots as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful saddle! It looks very comfortable. ...and I like all the places it takes you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that saddle of yours too! I remember saddles... I remember Spring... I think...:D

    That shot of the cows in the woods reminds me of the cattle drive through a section of woods we were working in. There were cows that were actually hiding from the cowboys. They were as quiet as statues, on top of a treed ridge, hoping we would think they were big rocks... They reminded me of 9 year boys who broke a window and were ditching us... lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is a great take on your favorite place! The pictures were beautiful. I love your saddle too! You gave me some ideas on color schemes for saddle blankets too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures, as always :) When I saw this Sunday Stills, I thought that's what I would take a picture of, my saddle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to use a pic of my saddle too... unfortunately Tucker was VERY bad yesterday and ate my camera case. Camera survived but need a new cable so I had to use archived pics

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. These shots are so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent, I figured in the saddle with Colt would be your favorite place, and the beautiful country setting you live in..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shirley~The maker is Clay Sharp. When he made this saddle for me, he was living in NE Oregon...then he went to Alaska...now I think he's in Arizona. You can Google his name and he should come up.

    cdncowgirl~well, glad the most important part survived, the camera. But, I cheated on this Challenge...all these photos are from my archives too ;~)

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like the sharpness in your cattle photos, nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's great your saddle is your favourite place! Who ever said it had to be stationary :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~