Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dinner's On In Blogosphere

And a can of corn!

That was dinner...and it was great...it tasted much better than it looks in this pic! One of the things that I really like about blogging is all of the stuff you can learn or find out about. Cooking is important...quick and easy cooking is even more important to me!

Living where we do, you don't just make a quick trip to town for a missing ingredient. So, I try to keep the pantry stocked with all the basics and My Man usually does the weekly shopping in town...yep, My Man is the shopper!! Isn't that great! Well, it's out of necessity. He's there, so unless I have to be in town (45 miles away) for some reason, he does the shopping. It sure has saved on fuel.

But, back to dinner...I just wanted to share a couple of my favorite cooking blogs with you. The first is Country Whispers. This lil' gal has some fantastic recipes that are easy and tasty. She home schools and is a full time mom, so she knows how important it is to keep is simple. So, the Buttery Sour Cream & Chive Potatoes recipe came from her blog...but I encourage you to check her other recipes too!! Actually I can hardly wait to try her Sweet Potato & Zucchini Fries!!

Ok, the second blog is A Year of CrockPotting. Yes, Stephanie used a slow cooker for 365 days in a row!! I'm a fan of the slow cooker. I love to stick dinner in it and let it do it's thing for the day. By dinner time, I'm tired and don't want to cook...so this solves that problem!! So, I found the CrockPot Rotissere-Style Chicken recipe on her blog.

So, now you'll have more time to ride...and still get a good meal on the table...Happy Trails!!!




Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. That looks very good! I found both of those blogs too and they are great! Too bad you live so far away, you might have some unexpected guests for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! Looking good!
    My man does all the shopping, too, even before I fell off my horse.
    And I do all the cooking (or used to). It works well that way.

    I'm checking out that crockpot site as that's something I can prepare now, since I still can't stand for too long. That rotissirie chicken looks yummy!

    Thanks for passing along those recipes.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing that! My husband is obsessed with the crock pot and now we have more recipes! yeah!

    those potatoes look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good, now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there,
    Thanks for mentioning my blog. I have the crockpot blog saved too! There are so many good looking recipes on there that I don't even know where to begin.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good, but the onions. I am allergic D: but they taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does your husband put on shopping clinics? I need mine trained.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to check out both sites. This blog has fabulous recipes as well:
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum Yum, good stuff!! Oh now I have to go explore some new blogs!!!:)

    Hey I just seen this over at Fugly, dont know if you read her blog? Its down in your neck of the woods, sad. http://fuglyhorseoftheday.blogspot.com/ Its about a big neglect and abuse case in Harney county.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the year of crockpotting blog!! She has some great stuff on there. And girl, those potatoes look sooooo good!! Can I come over for left overs?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dinner sure looks yummy! My boyfriend does the grocery shopping and he cooks most of the dinners. I cook on my days off. Sometimes. I guess I am also lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you liked the enchiladas. I bet you have a ton of leftovers...sorry...I went back to add the amount it makes. I must of forgot to do it the first time around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks Great! I'm off for some Louisiana Gumbo..YUMMM!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, looks good! Can I come over for dinner?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I am really hungry - looks delicous.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~