Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

GTYYUP~~New Name, Same Game

Sorry for any confusion, but I thought I should explain the change in my blog name.


I've used this name since I started using the internet. Now, why would I set up my blogger account with something else? I haven't a clue! But, Karen J-S, even though that's me, just didn't feel right. So, I decided that if I was going to feel like myself again, I might as well do it now and not later.

The name came from my ex-husband...oops...another confession ;~) But, when I got my first 1 ton dually, he picked gtyyup for my personalized plates. I used them for almost 15 years.

When we moved to Harney County, it was clear that you really looked like an outsider with personalized plates. And, since we joined the ranks with all the other broke farmers and ranchers, we needed the money more than the plates! So, off they came. One now hangs in my barn and one above my leather bench. And there they will live out their retirement.

And that is the story of GTYYUP.

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! ;) Coming up with a blog name can be tricky, one does feel like it's a pretty monumental decision, hee hee! I like the new one, it's clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered about the reasoning. Both fit well. :) Going to have to get used to the new one, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back from retirement, GtyYup!

    :)
    Whatever name you choose, I'm just glad to see you still blogging.

    ~Lisa
    New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we wouldn't want you to be anyone other than yourself so...

    GTYYUP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to come up with a cool blog name but just decided to use my real name....
    p.s. I'm hanging around to listen to the soundtrack..very cool.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~