Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Friday, April 24, 2009

Trailin' Pairs to Summer Pasture

Colt and I headed over to the Temple Ranch on Wednesday for a wonderful day of trailin' cows and calves. It was perfect weather...not too hot and a lil' breeze.


We moved about 90 pair.






Resting at a watering hole.




Calves and dogs enjoyed some cooling off!





Colt was kinda spooked by this dog in the trough...
Every time the dog moved, all that slime moved too.
I think it's time to clean out that trough!





This pup is doing a good job keeping the calf in line.





Colt's keeping his eye on the herd...can't
let any of those pesky lil' calves try to turn back!
BTW, he really is working well in the hackamore.






Father and son at the end of the day...waiting for
cows and calves to mother up.



Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Wow, how much fun.

    I had our whole herd of heifers get out once and I was riding. I got all of em back into the man door on the barn, in an english saddle no less that day hahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like that was a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and great pictures! Dogs, cows and horses together - that dog in the trough was going to be one slimy pup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be one dirty dog when he gets out of that trough! Stinky too!
    Looks like a great day! I'd love to do that someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dog in the trough is hilarious! They do grow their own brand of slime, pretty quickly, too! It looked like a gorgeous sunny day to get some work done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, all beautiful pictures. I'm so jealous...

    btw, I've been meaning to say, your header picture is to drool for. What a gorgeous saddle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like fun!!!! I've got to get out there, all I did yesterday was chase birds..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen! Getting caught up on blogs after being gone. I missed seeing all your great photos. Looks like you've been busy as usual! Love your new blog header, btw. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That one dog was having way too much fun in that yucky green water trough! I love it!! What a fun ride! I am glad colt is working so well in his hack!! Colt is such a good boy. You have done a great job with him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorite things to do. It is a wonderful life you have! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you got to take Colt out and work some cows! He is such a handsome man! That trough is nasty!

    Way to go cindy Sue! THat thing is almost as big as she is! LOL! Shelby is a killing machine too! Mice, moles, hates squirrels! I've seen her lay at the bottom of a tree for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. eeewww that trough is gross! I would freak out toO!

    Well, it looks like our drill team is a bust. Long Story, but they are too flaky and change things last minute and I'm up to that with my busy schedule! I am so bummed, but I'll find something else for me and Star to do!

    Looks like Colt was having a good time though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great day and the weather looks perfect, by the way, Colt looks great in the hackamore.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~