Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Meet Paddy!!

Yep, we got a calf yesterday!!

Hi...I'm Paddy

Ellie Mae didn't come in for breakfast when My Man fed, so I went out after it got light to check on her. Nothing was happening yet, but I knew it would probably happen before the day was over.

I worked at the Post Office for half a day starting at noon and as I was driving out, I checked on her again...

Up 'n nursin'

...and there they were...the lil' calf was still wet, but was up and nursin' at 11:30 AM. Ellie Mae still had the placenta hanging out, but everybody was doin' good.

Number Three and Annabelle were right there givin' her moral support I guess...maybe Number Three was watchin' and learnin' for next year...poor Ellie Mae couldn't get any privacy!!!

And, YEAH...Paddy's a heifer!!! So, she'll be added to our herd...that'll make four!

Well, I named her Paddy because of St. Patrick's Day...she wasn't born ON St. Patrick's Day...but it's close enough for a cow don't ya think?   ;~)


17 comments:

  1. Let's just hope she doesn't make it to the St Paddy's Day menu in a couple of years.

    Great timing for you photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new addition to your herd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new herd member :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new heifer. I thing Paddy is a perfect name for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! My heifer had her calf yesterday, a teeny tiny little red heifer. My mare was just sure that was HER baby, and the cow was trying to steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Paddy! Newborn calves are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Paddy! Cute as a leprechaun in high clover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paddy will suit her fine.. she's SO cute! It's been years since I last petted a newborn calf, they are the sweetest creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...what a cutie Miss Paddy is!! Glad mom and baby are both doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great addition to the family - and a perfect name! She is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like she was born hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a doll, and a great name too! Congrats on the herd increase!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always satisfying to witness a successful birth, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great addition to the herd!! Cute name too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!!! Today is a super lucky day : ) Love the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting! Very adorable, even though i thought it woulda been a bull with the name Paddy, but it sure is a cute name

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy all went well. I think Paddy is a great name! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~