Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Fences ~ Western Dream Catcher

Ah the wind...don't ya just love the wind?  Me? Not really...

The prevailing wind in this case has been coming from the west pushing weeds from last fall along with it...until something blocks their progress...like a fence.

It reminds me of one of my favorite Louis L'Amour books (and DVD) Conagher.  Notes tied to tumbleweeds are found by Conagher and all the other lonely cowboys on the prairie...written by a woman expressing herself in the only way she knew how in a now lonely world after her husband is presumed dead when he didn't return from a cattle buying trip...he was never seen again.

Conagher is quite intrigued by the notes and seems to fall in love with the writer without ever meeting her...but of course he does.




As the pile of weeds grows higher, escapees make it over the top rail...and on they go along their journey...to wherever they may be stopped again...



I checked, but I didn't find any notes tied to these rambling wanderers. No, I'm not disappointed...I already have the best man I could ever hope for ;~)


Linking up with Friday Fences blog hop at Life with Jan and Jer.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

25 comments:

  1. I love the wood fence! And wow, that's a lot of weeds! We get a lot in summer and in spring witch is coming soon.

    Blessings,
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fence with character and more

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color and those rocks! What a beautiful view you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure the tumbleweed is a pain, but for some of us "city slickers", it is fascinating looking! Nice photos...and what a sweet tribute to your man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photo's... and now I want to view that video! I'm already married to the man of my dreams who happens to be rugged and tough but who has a real soft spot. I know he'd like that video too :) Have a wonderful weekend!
    Maura :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Conagher is a great movie!!!!
    Have you ever been tempted to tie a note of your own?? Kinda like a western message in a bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! I love the color in the pictures! very good!

    -Bella Hope

    ReplyDelete
  8. Conagher-awesome movie! Neat pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like the story line there, I'll have to make that one my next read! Thank you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors are so bright! Great captures, with an intriguing story tied to it:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. for me this is not the normal look for us around here in virginia. so i'm really loving this view. just gorgeous!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely light and I like how you tied the book and your post together.
    The book sounds intriguing. I've put in on my to read list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tumbleweeds in your fence, and Tumbleweed in your cow herd! Are you humming the tune "Tumblin' Tumbleweeds" yet?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never heard of th movie, but I might have to watch it, sounds like a good one. I sure like the orange on the rocks in your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always enjoy seeing a tumbleweed tumbling along but I HATE finding them in my raised garden boxes! LOL!!
    Conagher is one of our favorite movies, Katharine Ross really did a nice job and of course Sam Elliott is always a good cowboy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! The sun hitting the rocks in the first photo is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. In the top photo, that's lovely light on the rocks, fence and even the tumbleweed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never thought how the tumble weeds could be such a problem but now I do. Thanks for the book lead. I will have to find a copy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have tumble leaves in the fall that pile up on fences, but nothing like your tumbleweeds. Loved that romantic tale and it wouldn't be hard to spend some time looking for love notes in that first golden setting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very good photos.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. The colors in your firs photo are beautiful. We have a lot of wind here in SW Minnesota and I hate it. We don't have tumbleweeds but the leaves sure have blown in around my bushes and flower beds. I've been out today racking.
    I am going to have to get that book. The story sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So rugged n rustic...love the lighting in the first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely amber light...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great shots, great movie..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. No notes huh? Too funny! Loved the pics. Nothing like that around here.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~