Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What's Not to Like About Spring?!?

~I've always been a tomboy
and never wore a dress except to get married in.~
~Fannie Barrel 1900~


What's Not to Like About Spring?


I know I'm not the only one with muddy horses, and I'm sure we don't have it nearly as bad as a bunch of you...

I'm just commiserating with y'all!!!

The 19 degrees this mornin' froze up all the mud, but the sun is shinning beautifully and it's going to be a pretty nice spring day.

Here's to beautiful spring days for everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Curry comb's gonna get a workout! LOL I remember those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that you did this post today I was thinking along these lines but haven't had a chance to post yet. I for one don't mind the mud as much as these violent storms we have been getting. In for another round tonight in the wee hours which really bugs me. Come on summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks like he's had a glorious time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He needs a bath, so heat up some warm water and get to work..;-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloves and pull your bandana up over your nose, and get out the shedding blade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could just wait until it dries out and let him roll again. Of course that won't work if you want to ride him before then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colt is making an equine fashion statement!!! LOL LOL Mine look like that to, and everywhere they lay in the pasture, they leave, hair angels, LOL LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been a very miserable year...too much rain and cold! Today was the first halfway decent day in a long time...although it did hail for half an hour!
    Come on Spring, you may start anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's pretty much what Voodoo looked like when I pulled him out of the pen for the clinic Sunday morning (except under the mud he's black not bay)

    Pretty muddy here, still melting... kinda glad it gets cooler at night and firms up the mud though, that's the only way I was able to get my trailer up from the barnyard lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a messy time of year isn't it. We're having nothing but rain and cold gray skies and I can't wait for the sun to come out again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my goodness but he has grown into a fine looking horse. great bone,great angles....mud or no, he's sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really don't see what they like about mud bogging....it HAS to itch!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~