Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Stills~4 Points: N, S, E, & W

~While I'm cooking or dish washing,
I keep my head filled with beautiful dreams.~
~Vera Rains 1901~


This week's Sunday Stills photo challenge: "Find an interesting or not so interesting place and stand and take pics of the 4 points of the compass. North, South, East and west. The point of this challenge is that we have a tendency to only look in one direction when taking pics. for instance photographing a sunset you rarely look behind you to see the setting sun light up a barn or hillside ot beside you to notice the shadows created by the trees or other objects."

I thought this was a fun and different type of challenge and did a few different spots, but this one is my favorite. I spend a lot of time in the round pen with my horses and have always been awe-inspired by the beauty of the land...every way I look~


Round Pen: North
The barn...with the infamous old blue paint that everyone seems to love ;~)
And two dogs...Cowboy 'n Abby


Round Pen: South
South...the rim rock and another dog too...Bella Jo.
At the lowest spot at the top of the rim, that's where
the water fall comes down when we have heavy
snow melting and/or a huge downpour of rain.


Round Pen: East
East...in the mornin' sunrise, our alfalfa field in the foreground
 and the neighbor's horses grazing in the distance.


Round Pen: West
West...me 'n my shadow...


Check out the other participants by going to the comments section HERE and click on the links...enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Gtyyup, great idea, I had though about taking a latter out into the orchard to get above the trees but already had the cloud shots, so went with them. "no more snow pic" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved your rimrock.....maybe someday I can meet it in person;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful all around views. Is that snow on the ground???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots. I especially like the old blue paint and the rimrocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOO Snow!!! Note to self, move west and become a cowboy..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photos! Every direction was interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would agree, you have great surroundings and how nice to be able to see them while working in the round pen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy your photos especially of your home area this challenge was no exception...very nice.
    PS love the Header,it's been awhile since I have been here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do have great views, especially the rimrock. Nice round pen too; I need one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that rimrock, very cool fence. Kinda neat how its totally different all four directions.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~