Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Lil' Christmas

~I'm proud of what I know
and I've learned it the hard way.~
~Barbara Carter 1906~


It seems like it's taken me a very long time to get into Christmas this year. I've got the shopping done, but I still have sewing projects to finish and lil' bit more at the leather bench.

Yesterday I finally got the decorations up...less than a week from Christmas...better late than never?!?

The Sunday Stills photo challenge for yesterday was of course Christmas decorations...and I didn't get my post up. So, I'll do it today.


Juniper & Holly
Juniper and holly. The fresh juniper fills the house with its Christmas fragrance. 
My ag survey job supervisor sent me a box of fresh holly, so I had to take the trip last week to find some juniper trees. This was a fun project!


The Tree
The 'stand in' fake tree. But with the rich smell from the juniper wreath in the same room, we just pretend it's a real tree!


By the Light of the Fire
The wood stove kept me too warm! As I was dusting, cleaning and putting up decorations, I was also sweating! I let the fire go out, but by 3 PM or so it was starting to get chilly again...the temp was all the way down to 68*!!! I like my 75*, so I started another fire.


Stuffed Toys
The Christmas stuffed animals...what would Christmas be without these cute lil' faces?!?


Santa's Socks at the Rough String
'The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicolas soon would be there."
Oops...I miss counted...we need one more for Gus!


Santa's A Cowboy!
Of course Santa is a cowboy!!!


Christmas Horse
And Christmas has to have at least one rocking horse...or a dozen or so?!?


Snowmen Do Ride Horses!
And yes, snowmen really do ride horses!

Enjoy these final days as we quickly close in on Christmas day!  Remember...there is no X in Christmas.

Merry Christmas!  


8 comments:

  1. I really want that wrangler stocking, like I gotta have one. Damn why did I throw out my pants last time I tore the seat in them?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool decorations there! I love the stockings for everyone, how cute (although some are pretty tiny)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed Sunday Stills too :-(. I'm always a day late and dollar short. Love your Christmas music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed your Christmas post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post! You have some really cool ornaments, and the basket of bears made me smile. I have been slow to get into the Christmas spirit too, but I'm gaining now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool shots, love the teddy bears..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. a bit of Christmas everywhere in your home :) - love the stocking row!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~