Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In Memory of Slider


Life is so unfair at times.

If you hadn't read the post about Dreamsicle and his band (including Slider) from the Big Summit HMA being captured, you can read it here. And this post "Little Giant" was very special as we watch Dreamsicle spar with his new acquaintances at the holding Corrals and his lil' buddy Slider stands by for moral support.

As that story ended with Dreamsicle and his mares going back to their home in the Big Summit, Slider was not so lucky. He was to be available for adoption as soon as he was processed by the BLM staff.

My Man and I decided that since we had watched him grow up over the years, we would adopt him and give him a home...we felt like part of his family.

But, that wasn't meant to be...God has other plans for him.

Slider was euthanized this past weekend because of a fracture that he sustained in the shoulder.

So, this is for you dear Slider...I know that you are running free once again in beautiful green pastures with your other Ochoco friends that have gone before you~











TransparentSig

22 comments:

  1. Oh Karin I am so sorry.
    More of them get hurt in those
    pens than we hear about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Karen...I'm just so sorry. Wish I were close enough to give you a hug. It's so hard when you 'know' them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Karen so sorry to hear that. Poor pony :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right, it's so unfair, and I'm very sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sobbing* I'm so sorry....for you and your Man and for dear Slider.
    If only he could have came home with you. He wouldn't have been wild and free, but he would have been well loved and cared for. And these beautiful horses deserve that...and more.


    (((((hugs)))))
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how sad. Poor little guy. I'm so sorry for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now that I have the tears wiped away, I'm so sorry that you didn't get him in time to give him the great home that he deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about Slider. May he frolic in grass pastures forever. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry for you and Slider. This just breaks my heart. If there is a rainbow bridge, and I have to belive there is. He will be waiting for you. When you cross over, he will be there and all will be well. You loved a wild thing, and those who love the wild things, have to be special to something or someone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful boy. I'm sorry he didn't get to come home to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry. He was just meant to be a wild horse I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to hear about Slider!! Such sad news.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sad, he was beautiful! So frustrating, when you are excited to make something happen, then hear such disappointing news. I know you would have given him a wonderful life. Thinking of you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that is so sad!! I'm so sorry. What a horrible thing to happen. Makes me very sad...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Karen you are right it isn't fair.He was so close to going to the best place he ever could have landed. I guess somethings are not meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a sad thing to hear and a horrible thing to happen. [[[Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just heartbreaking. So very sorry he won't be part of your herd. Hugs from all of us at the 7MSN.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~