Howdy 'n Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee, and enjoy the ride! You can contact me at gtyyup at wildblue dot net. See ya on down the trail!
All photos and content on this blog are exclusively mine, unless noted.
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Macro Monday


This morning I realized that I didn't have a macro shot for Macro Monday, so after feeding I climbed up in the rock rim behind the barn...and I got my first sign of spring...and it's only January!


New growth emerges from last year's dead sprigs!





But, winter is still here...




An icicle has formed where water is seeping
out through the crack in the rock.


Enjoy more Macro Monday shots by going here in the comments.


TransparentSig

13 comments:

lisa said...

Spring nice thought!

Gena D said...

Love the greenery breaking through ... and then the contrast the ice - lovely capture!
Gena @ thinking aloud
Post/ Blog: http://tobethinkingaloud.blogspot.com/

Ed said...

Ice and moss, very cool..:-)

moresecretwhispers said...

spring is a lovely time .. i miss it

lopinon4 said...

Lovely photos, as usual!

Shirley said...

Woo Hoo! New green! First sighting goes to you!

Kathleen Coy said...

Beautiful! The promise of Spring...

prairierunner said...

Okay, I'm real jealous now;)

prairierunner said...

Okay, I'm real jealous now;)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Peek a Boo!

Good for you and your observant eyes!


~Lisa

Horses Are Our Lives said...

I can't wait to see start coming through at my house, too!
http://picturesbybrenda.blogspot.com/

flowerweaver said...

Little reminders at this time of year are always welcome!

BK said...

Oh can't wait for spring!! Spring fever as they call it. Thanks for the comment on my blog, I'm new to all this so I'm sure I'll get the swing of things in a couple weeks...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin