Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Friday, March 12, 2010

We're in the Saddle Again!



OK...just pretend that I grew a really dark mustache...and got tall and gained some weight...oh yea...changed sex too...but see that smile...it's me...really!!!



Well, this young man who assisted us today at the Idaho Equine Hospital has the same smile that I'm currently sporting...Colt's been given the "go ahead" to start back into training again!

My Man took the day off today and drove with me to Idaho Equine Hospital for Colt's follow up exam...after 8 (loooooong) weeks of stall/run captivity.





Dr. Peter Knox is flexing Colt's injured leg.






...and Colt trots off soundly. Yeah!!



Off to the round pen...





Colt trots soundly in both directions...Yeah!!!




We take Colt inside to the radiograph room where it's quiet (the wind was blowing like a son of a gun outside).



Dr. Knox does some manipulation tests, and Colt
doesn't flinch...this a really good sign!!



And...Colt's been given the go ahead to start back into training!!!


WhoooooHoooooo!!


Colt's just as happy as I am...


After 7 hours in the trailer today, Colt was
oh so glad to get out into his pasture
(which he hasn't been in since last fall)...








...and after kicking up his heels for a few minutes...








...he settled in to enjoy the first nubbins of green
spring grass!

Ahhhhh...the life of a horse~


Thank you all again for your prayers and healing thoughts for Colt's speedy recovery...it worked!!!

TransparentSig

22 comments:

  1. Glad to hear hes gotten the OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!!! Cant wait to hear more about your training journey!!!

    Yipee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent news! So happy for both you and Colt, Karen. Can't wait to see the two of you at a cutting or two this year!

    BTW...did I see you're the one to talk to about advertising in the Horse Fly? Is that what the little mag is called?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see he's healthy and back to being a horse again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAAY COLT~!!! Cant wait to see pix of you ON him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see Colt is back on his feet again. He really looks happy back in his pasture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! I'm so glad for both of you! That's wonderful news :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you and for Colt! The perfect way to welcome spring is in the saddle. Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's GREAT news!! Glad he's sound and safely home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's GREAT news!! Glad he's sound and safely home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yahoo! Now the work begins, conditioning him- aw heck that's not work, it's bliss after not riding him for 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man! This is just such awesome news. I'm so happy for you...and for Colt!

    Let the training begin!

    Yay!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tracey~Yep, I'm the Horsefly rep for Eastern Oregon. My email for that business is horsefly at wildblue dot net. Let me know what you need...I'll shoot you the rate/size sheet etc.

    Shirley~You're right...it'll be great after not riding him for what seems like an age. He had a huge break over the holidays and when I went to start conditioning him is when he hurt himself...so he hasn't been ridden in at least 3 months! And of course last night we got a snow storm and it's icy today. But all this coming week it's going to be nice...up to 62* F...yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear that your handsome boy is better and you can start riding him again!
    snow has melted here now they are calling for flooding! I did get to ride three times this past week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! I think someone is on cloud nine and I don't think it is just Colt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay Colt and Karen. I'll bet he did a few victory laps around his pasture. Good news.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to hear you can work with Colt again! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great news! Go Colt!!! Just in time for spring riding....

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to see him kicking up his heels again!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~