Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Between You, Me, and the Fence Post


Between You, Me, and the Fence Post...is that not a catchy ditty or what?!? Well, it's actually the blog name of the latest and newest blogger that I've had the pleasure to meet...in person...face to face!!!

Just today!




Please meet Sarah who in this photo is making fast
friends with lil' Silverbelly Stetson...momma Catnip is being
standoffish as usual in the background.



Sarah (blogger extraordinaire) and her husband Malcolm are long haul truckers. Sarah realized this morning that they would be driving by very close to our ranch...yea...like within 2 miles!!! After a couple of blog comments and a couple of phone calls, they were on their way to the Rough String!





L-R Sara, Rohan, me 'n Stetson.


While Sarah and I enjoyed chatting about blogging, the pros and cons of long haul trucking, farming and ranching, and the problem of dust and housekeeping in the west, the guys were getting acquainted. Not only did the two guys have trucking as a common denominator, but farming, ranching (including shooting varmints), and the rural way of life, which quickly bonded them as kindred spirits.

Pretty soon the two of them were out there in the alfalfa fields with .22 rifles shooting sage rats. The rats have just come out of hibernation and the guys enjoyed a few rounds of target practice. Believing that My Man's .22 was the better rifle, he had Malcolm use his rifle. But it seemed that My Man's rifle was dialed in for a left handed shooter (which non of use could figure out), but Malcolm didn't miss a one with my rifle (right handed)...so, go figure!?!

After the bullets quit flyin' the carnivores came in...including this beautiful National Bird...a Bald Eagle.




I took this photo from the front porch with the wheel line
and fence in the photo. Next time I'll get out there
closer and see if I can get a better shot.



As the afternoon went by all too quickly, it was time for Sarah and Malcolm to hit the road again. I drove them a mile down the road where they'd left their truck...which also held their precious cargo...three Chinese Crested.

Oh my gosh...what cute lil' girls they are!!!





Malcolm, Sarah, Carlie, Paris and Ella.








Cindy Sue wasn't quite sure what to think about
"The Girls," but here she is trying to
make acquaintance with Carlie and Ella is running
back to Sarah...just overly excited to see her mom!



My Man and I had the most enjoyable afternoon. Meeting fellow bloggers face to face is an absolute treasure. Sarah and Malcolm are wonderful people, and we hope that we'll be able to see them often in the future as they continue their travels throughout the Western States.

Happy trails to Sarah and Malcolm...return often~~

TransparentSig

15 comments:

  1. That is so very neat! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you and Sarah resolved the problem of dust and housekeeping in the west, I'm listening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great! Looks like you all had fun.

    Everytime I open your blog I think how beautiful that picture of Colt is :0) how is he doing?

    Shooting sage rats sounds like fun LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! Sarah and I have been trying to meet up for a couple of months now. It seems everytime they come through, I'm either snowed in or riding in a clinic and the trails. lol!

    I'm glad y'all had a great meet-up. Sounds like it was a lot of fun!


    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is amazing the friendships you can make through blogging. And getting to meet in person is just icing on the cake.
    Have a great Sunday!
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really cool. Tom and I live close to I-90, so anyone coming through, let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL we say that here ALL the time!! I always thought of you as quite tall until that pic of Sare, Rohan, you and Stetson;)))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is that! I was hoping to meet some bloggers while I was in Arizona, but wasn't able to hook up. So busy working!
    Those chinese crested are kinda cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you got to meet Sarah, I follow her blog, I find it interesting to hear about places I will never see and her and Malcolm really get around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got some good pictures of the girls after all! I was afraid as much as they were bouncing around that you'd not be able to capture them! They do calm down after a while!
    We had SO much fun getting to meet and visit! Thank you so much for your time! I can't wait to get together again! Just crossing the river into Washington! So long to Oregon, till next time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had some great weather for visiting. I'd love to meet some of my fellow bloggers this year, and I'm really hoping that some of you will come up to Canada to trail ride the Rockies with Janice and I this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice visit! It's definitely fun to meet new people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi - I'm visiting from Sarah's blog! I'm also a fellow Oregonian, living in Northwest Oregon about 30 miles outside of Portland. Your donkeys are gorgeous! I have two of my own delightful donkey boys and I always enjoy reading posts from fellow donkey lovers. I always enjoy hearing about when blogging friends get to meet. I'm happy you two hit it off so well!
    :-) danni

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~