Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's Not a Buckle


Well, it's not the buckle I've been hopin' for...but I've known it for quite some time now. Back in July I posted that I thought I had achieved my goal in life...which is to win a belt buckle with a horse that I've trained.

It didn't happen...because of the point system that the club uses (I missed the last show and because I would rather be at the Pendleton Roundup), I took reserve champion reiner instead of champion reiner.

I don't mind at all. My friend Wendy made all three shows and got the points to make champion. She's worked hard all year showing multiple horses in the cutting club and the saddle club and deserves recognition. Way to go Wendy!




As reserve, I was awarded this great Oster
grooming kit. This will be perfect as a "show brush"
kit. It's totally appreciated...thanks to the
Great Basin Saddle Club!

So...my sights are on next year...there's a buckle out there somewhere with my name on it...right...???!!!???

Patience...and more hard work~~


TransparentSig

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the Reserve Champion Title!!! You worked hard for it too and YES, I am sure there is a buckle out there with your name on it! You just need to keep doing what you do with all your heart and you'll "find" it!
    :))
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the reserve champ! That is still pretty darn good in my books! Maybe the buckle will be yours next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eyeballing that oster set for a wile. Really jealous!
    Congrats on reserve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Reserve Champion is a great accomplishment in itself, and that's a darn nice brush kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You done good...make that great. And those Oster brushes are the best tools in my grooming kit - you'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep you still done good and you'll look real purty when you win it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the reserve!! That is a huge thing.

    I remember wanting the same thing, a buckle on a horse I had trained. I didn't get to achieve that goal as I hurt my back but I'll figure it out one of these days. LOL

    Those Oster brushed are the BOMB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Coltster is only getting better with age. Congratulations to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the RC! With your determination and hard work you'll get the buckle.

    Have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on Reserve Champion, it may not be quite what you wanted, but it's a great achievement none the less.

    Those brushes look awesome, I've had my eye on a few grooming totes and the oyster ones are definitely tops on my list.

    Just think of it this way: Those brushes will ensure that Colt is super purdy the day he does win you a belt buckle, perfect for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to both of you, Karen! And I'm certain you'll give her a little friendly competition again next season. I'm hoping to get down to see y'all work at least one weekend again!

    Oh...and two cows? Good golly, that's pathetic, lol... :) (Says she who has none and has to work sheep...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! Next year I have no doubt, you'll take buckle. That's still a nice prize for reserve!! I got a brush bag once, (not filled with brushes) but I tell you, I use it EVERY DAY. They are so handy!
    I look forward to seeing what you and Colt do next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen, you and the coltster are definitely winners in my book!! Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the Reserve. Have they set the dates for next year's shows? Maybe you can make the suggestion that the third show not conflict with Pendleton again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man, what a bummer. I've had a buckle within my reach and just missed out. Here's to next year. I know it has your name on it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on reserve anyway!
    In my opinion they should have NOT SCHEDULED a show on ROund Up weekend!!!

    Last year the Canby Tack sale was the same weekend as the Year End Pinto Show and they were bummed it didnt do very well!
    No kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey ya did good anyhow, nothing wrong with reserve. Next year belongs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a great story! And if you are like me, and I think you are, you are just as excited about your friend getting that buckle! I'm lookin
    for a buckle with my name on it as well, and I just know that when I finally get it, the win will be Sweeeeett!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats you and Colt did good!

    Don't give up. There's a buckle out there with your name on it yet!


    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~