Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Work and Play~Springtime!

Spring is showing it's true colors...green...lots of green...weeds. The saying 'round these parts is that if nothin' else grows, rocks and weeds will. And that is a fact!!

It's been raining almost every day for the past week and a half...which we desperately needed. All that rain made our alfalfa grow a bunch as well as other things...

This is my lovely half finished arena...becoming
overgrown with weeds.




Meet my antique disk...it's a might small for
the job, but it's all I've got at the moment.
We've been searching for a used 8' wide disk with
2 gangs for not a lot of money. There's not many
of them around.


So to get the job done, the arena has to be gone over 4 times with the disk. I made it over twice, but the wind was blowing pretty good and I was getting cold. My Man came home from work and finished the job for me while I fed the herd and started dinner.


It's lookin' like an arena again!



But, I couldn't resist trying to get some photos of the buds coming out on the trees. Even though we've only had one day that actually made it up to 80 degrees, things are starting to happen.




These are the lil' green buds coming out on the elm trees.





My apple tree could have a nice crop
of apples...if it doesn't freeze.






And my lilac tree (yes, I call it a tree...it's huge)
is going to be mighty pretty in a lil' while.


And, I think I saw a baby owl out of the nest on the rock ledge yesterday...I'm watching them closely and hope to get some pics.


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Whatever works on the disk! I know our arena can get covered in weeds pretty darn fast too!

    Ya Spring! Woo hoo! I could just do without the humidity and muggy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice arena! And thank you as always for the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! I love the elm leaves unfolding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your finally getting to see some green, even if it is weeds. That's going to be a nice arena.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~