Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Friday, August 12, 2011

SkyWatch Friday

~I've been called a fun-lovin' woman by many a man.~ 
~Betsy Mueller 1902~


The days are getting shorter...we're moving wheel lines in the mornin' before the sun comes up...sort of by Braille since we can't see much.  But we're up early enough to see the beautiful sunrises!


Approaching Dawn



The Canadian Geese are already flying over...does this mean an early winter? I surely hope not...but the cool mornings are starting to feel like fall already.


Mornin' Flight



Click HERE to see more SkyWatch Friday photos!


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shots--although they're not too hard to get in the desert (I'm from Eastern California). I love the blog; it sounds like a great life in a great place.

    Thanks for stopping by the Farm, and for opening up your world for the rest of us in less enchanting locales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. The geese are flying here too. I hope that means were going from 100+ to winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blessing of early mornings is sunrises like these! I sure hope you're not in for an early autumn! Farmer's can use all the summer they can get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it...I especially like that you can see the irrigation. A true portrayal of your world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've noticed how short the days are getting too. Our geese are still hanging around so maybe fall isn't happening too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed the photos! Fall is my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos, it's looks so calm and peaceful - they perfect place to sit and have a coffee before the day begins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing nicer than watching the sun rise! Well, maybe watching it rise from your front porch, with your feet on the railing and a cup of coffee in your hand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sky, I was just thinking about winter to as I notice my horses are getting furry! I don't want winter yet! (or ever really, but I guess it will come anyways)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos! The sunset is so peaceful looking. And the geese is just a great shot.
    We've been having a much cooler summer than usual here in New Mexico. We had about 2-3 weeks of temps in the upper 90's in early July. But most days we only get into the mid 80's. Last night it even got down to 58 degrees. I had the blankets all layered on. brr!
    I wonder if this is a sign of a harsher, colder, earlier winter?

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~