Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Friday, July 15, 2011

SkyWatch Friday

~Life could be just a series of fates.~
~Annabella Ransom 1900~

Today, I'm sharing a couple of views from the ranch with SkyWatch Friday! And, today SkyWatch Friday begins its 5th season...amazing!

Perfectly clear blue skies are nice...but I think a few clouds always adds a lil' more interesting aspect to a photo. Hat Butte is shadowed by this afternoon cloud.


Mid-Summer Clouds
Mid-Summer Clouds


A local rancher brought a nice big herd of cow/calf pairs to graze the property across the road from us (these are just a handful). I'd much rather see this kind of new neighbor than seeing new houses going in! I love seeing and hearing these cows all day!



New Neighbors
A few of our new neighbors!
Enjoy your Friday...and have a GREAT weekend!! We're off to a cutting show tomorrow at Roaring Springs Ranch...see ya Sunday!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Gtyyup, beautiful shots, have fun at the cutting show......

    ReplyDelete
  2. both are beautiful, but that first is amazing! Such a sense of peace and solitude about it. And as for the new neighbors, I too much prefer the cows! There is just something so peaceful about watching cattle grazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more!.... can't beat (just a few) clouds in a blue sky... thanks for sharing yours!...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful. So well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vivid color in the first photo is truly amazing, I love the way the blue sky darkens at the top of the frame...what a beautiful place you live in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just need to move there. It's SO beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first picture!! It is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous! And I have to say I think I'd prefer those kind of neighbors too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice looking country--ought to be a few pronghorn goats out there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How needs anything more when you have fluffy white clouds? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture is amazing and I sure agree with you, I would rather see cows than more houses! I keep telling the hubby I wish we could of had more time to look for property that had less neighbors and more land when we moved out here, but it wasn't meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed both photos - the one of Hat Butte is gorgeous! Love the "shadow" effect. Have fun at the cutting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Photos That's some nice country up there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful photos - I'm with you, I'd much rather see that scene than houses across the road.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't think I'd ever tire of that view.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~