Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Friday, June 3, 2011

SkyWatch Friday & Farm Girl Friday

~You can take a chance on a horse,
but not on a man.~
~Laura Parker 1898~


Great Basin High Desert
Great Basin High Desert
We were moving pairs up Moon Hill a week ago, and I had turned around to see where we had been, and I thought  this view was gorgeous. It's BLM land...do you think they'd mind if I put a house here?!? I imagine the sunsets are spectacular.

With all the rain we've had, the grasses are growing pretty nicely...we could use more sun though!



Moving Pairs
Moving Pairs
Earlier that day, the rain and hail came down in buckets, the wind blew and now the sun came out like nothing ever happened...of course! The dark clouds ahead of us were from the squall that had just past over us a few minutes before. We were thankful for the sunshine~

Want to see more views of the sky from around the world? Check out SkyWatch Friday!

Join the blog hop with Farm Girl Friday too!

13 comments:

  1. Wouldn't you just love to go for a gallop across the landscape in the first photo- oh wait, you probably do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning phots!
    Thanks so much for sharing.

    visiting via Sky Watch Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, but I kinda like the view in the second one better! Someone was having fun over in the right of the picture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One the things on my "bucket list" is to actually be involved in the moving and herding on a real working ranch. You're living my dream, how cool is that! Neat pictures. Enjoy our sunshine while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful up there. If I ever get tired of the heat, that's where I'm going to move. It's picture perfect! Love the wide open spaces. I think it feeds the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful panarama shot..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weather has been crazy.
    yet...there is something quite spectacularily (did I even spell that right?) beautiful about a storm.
    I love the sound of rain.
    I love the fresh smell of rain.

    Yet...I am longing for some heat and sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shots!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful...nothing better than living life from the back of a horse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I just found you over at Farm Chick's blog...and the fact that you were from Eastern Oregon caught my eye since I'm an Eastern Oregon girl too! I Love your blog...and you take amazing photographs :D Don't feel alone, it's just my Mr. and me too and our animals tend to be our babies! We have a small herd and a beef business...where we sell our beef at farmer's markets & some stores... Wishing you a great day!!! Sweet blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~