Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Fall Sunday

Here in the high desert we do have 4 seasons, some of them just aren't as long as you'd like them to be. I actually realized a couple of days ago that our leaves freeze dry and then start falling off the trees...they don't really change color much. They just get a little yellow.
We cheat a little too when it comes to raking leaves...these elm leaves are so small that we just use the mower to suck them up! This is my husband John...

Colt makes an interesting subject for this shot...he's giving me kisses!

Our first cutting of alfalfa is still here...waiting to be picked up for it's trip to a dairy in Idaho. It looks old and brown on the outside from the sun. But, on the inside it's a beautiful, deep green...the cows will make good milk from this hay. Hat Butte is in the background.

Back in the house again...my Christmas cactus is blooming!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the shadow photo. Great idea. You sure are busy on the farm. I think it's great that you're finding time to take pictures and work. Have you've always taken pictures of your farm life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't always taken pictures and worked...it's totally new to me, but is really making things interesting!! I'm seeing things in a different perspective...liking it very much!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~