Howdy 'n Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee, and enjoy the ride! You can contact me at gtyyup at wildblue dot net. See ya on down the trail!
All photos and content on this blog are exclusively mine, unless noted.
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

He's Baaaaaaack~The Big Guy!

~I always find it a thrill to unbutton a cowboy's shirt.~
~Peggy Springs 1899~

Well, it seems Annabelle and EllieMae were welcoming Goof's company after he backed himself out of our trailer yesterday afternoon. Yep, he backed himself out of the trailer...what a good boy! Goof's back for some "workin' time" with our "cowgirls!"

The Big Guy~Goof
Goof the bull

But, before he made his way to the "cowgirls," he had to tear up a sagebrush with his big head! I'm sure glad we don't own a bull...they love to tear things up...like fences and such. I don't know whether he's makin' himself purdy 'n smellin' better or just showin' off!


Bulls Do What Bulls Do
I guess we have plenty of sagebrush...go ahead Goof...kill it!

I took the opportunity to get them all in the same photo for a family portrait. L-R Goof, Annabelle, EllieMae, Black Calf, and Number Three.

The Family Portrait
The Family Portrait

Since Number Three will be bred next year, this will be Goof's last visit (we'll have to lease a different bull). We hope to get another heifer next year to add to the herd. I'd like a heifer out of EllieMae this time. She puts out awfully nice calves.

Enjoy your stay with us Goof! Get 'er done!

11 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Some boy that!!......I`m with you on this one, dont want to own one, nice to see......but?

Dreaming said...

Yup... that sage smell is certainly better than bull#*&$ smell! Bet the girls think so, too.

Crystal said...

hes looking good. Heres hoping for another heifer for you too.

Mikey said...

Goodness he's a handsome fella. The girls gotta love that! I just love how they're put together, all muscles and swagger. What a gorgeous creature.

DarcC said...

By the looks of him, I have no doubt that he'll thoroughly enjoy his stay at the Rough String!

Shirley said...

That's a whole lotta bull! Looks like he's already interested in Annabelle.

lisa said...

Now that is an impressive bull! Have fun girls, oh, you too goof!

Cowgirl Rae said...

~I always find it a thrill to unbutton a cowboy's shirt.~
~Peggy Springs 1899~



LOL...me too!

Rhonda said...

Hee hee! Man, he IS big. LOL about the sagebrush. :)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Holy Moly that's a big bull!

Ed said...

I feel sorry for Bell, thats one big bull..:-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin