Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Annual Kelley Arena Youth Rodeo~Part I

Today in history...
Davy Crockett was born in Tennessee, 1786.

We don't have kids of our own, but we sure enjoy going and watching the kids in our area participate in the rodeo events around the county. The Kelley rodeo and the Opie rodeo are two of the biggest in the area for kids from 4 to 14 to enjoy friendship and fellowship...and have a good time!

The 3rd weekend of August is always the Kelley Arena rodeo; participatents from as far away as Nevada and Idaho come to our big town of Princeton. But, you better bring a lot of your own stuff, because we doen't even have a quick mart or gas station!!!

I hope you enjoy my lil' photo essay of the day...




Lil' ones on stick horses runnin' the barrels
start the day...what could be cuter!?!?!
Some of the lil' ones even got bucked off!






Then the lil' buckaroos try their hand at ropin' the dummy.







Some are still a lil' bit too lil' to participate...but
they sure had a lot of fun anyway!!






This lil' cowpoke is lookin' on at the older
kids...learning from their every move.






This young cowboy seems to have a lot of confidence...
his hat probably has a lot of stories to tell!






As we get to the kids who are now horseback, Mom or Dad
can give a helping hand to get them through the pattern.







Some ride cute lil' ponies...







Some ride BIG horses that care for their
rider to keep them safe.






Friends will share a ride.







And lifetime friendships are built with a common
interest...The Horse~~







Horsemanship skills are developed...like sitting on the fence
and in the saddle at the same time.







Lots of practice with the rope (with a lil' bit of
coaching from Mom 'n Dad) will a buckaroo make.








A young buckaroo on a good horse...is
there any better way to grow up?







But, if you're not busy bein' a cowboy, playin' in
the dirt is a mighty fine second choice!


Thanks for coming along...part II tomorrow!

Happy Trails~~


TransparentSig

13 comments:

  1. Just awesome, I sure wish that I could of had those kinds of beginnings. Hard to believe that I lived in town and no horses and cows in my life until I was in my early thirties and now I have horses, and a small hobby farm! I wish I was a rancher but hey, maybe in my next life! (I am now in my 40's) Great Post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those horses are worth a million $$$$.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching the little ones is one of my favorite pastimes at rodeos. They do what kids do-play, get dirty and watch and learn.

    Your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy..do those photos remind me of my boys when they were small. Those are some real adorable kids...esp. the lil amigo on the pony! Nice job.. Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching my kiddo's learn lifeskills on the back of a horse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I just want to scoop them all up and give them great big kisses!! Such great photos of all those kids....especially playing in the dirt and getting a ride from a friend!! What better way than to grow up cowboy/cowgirl??

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are the BEST! Those cuties are so, so, so fortunate to have been born into horse loving families.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, that brought tears to my eyes! What an adorable group of photos, loved them all. Kids are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love watching big horses and little ponies take care of small riders. Great post - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came in for WW but stuck around to check out the great pics of the Youth Rodeo. Thanks for sharing.
    :-)
    Have a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
  11. That really brought back memories!! Funny because learning to ride as a kid was on my mind recently when I posted Pony Up... check it out if you got a sec:
    http://www.hotpieceofsass.com/2009/08/pony-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh *sniffle* how absolutely adorable... When I am married and God blesses us with kids, that is the life I want for them...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictorial memories from the youth rodeo were truly wonderful. What lucky kids to be able to live such a great life.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~