Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday Stills ~ Two-In-One Edition

This week's Sunday Stills Adventure in Photography photo challenge was "fruits and vegetables." Last week's challenge was "sunrise or sunset with buildings." I missed last week's because we were moving cows...but I had the photo...so, I'm posting it today!

I'll start with last week's challenge...

Snowy Sunrise
Snowy Sunrise
I think this was the last time we had snow...February 19. A sunrise with our barn.

To see other sunrise/sunset photos, go HERE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For this week's challenge:

Veggies for my Swiss Steak recipe

Cantaloupe...a few fresh fruits are becoming more affordable.
It was a tasty change for breakfast today!

To check out other fruits and vegetable photos, go HERE.

OK...I can't help myself...this photo at least still goes along with the "food" category...someday anyhow...but she's just too cute not to show off!

Brockle Face Heifer
We've nicknamed her "Early Girl" since she was almost a month early.

Shirley asked if she was going to be part of our herd, and the answer is no. We're limiting ourselves to 5 breeding cows because that's about all our grazing land can sustain. So, this year's calves will be sold after weaning.

Hope you have an awesome Sunday!

12 comments:

  1. What can I say, your stuff is good by anybody`s standards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little cutie Early Girl is :) and all those lovely chopped veggies have just made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sunrise. Never get tired of baby cow pics. Mama did a nice job cleaning her up :) congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Early girl needs to grow into her tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I understand totally about herd size, Early Girl certainly would stand out in the crowd!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute~ Early Girl! Red Beefsteak... I'm gonna chuckle about that all day now. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...we have a huge snow storm coming so I can say we still have snow!

    Great shots, love the veggie shots, it isn't easy to make them look great like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shot of your wintery sunrise! That calf is so darn cute..and your cantaloupe looks yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm I am hungry now looking at your veggie shots. And Early Girl is pretty cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since she won't be part of your herd, I hope she gets to be a mama cow for someone else someday.
    We haven't had much snow here since before Christmas- just a skiff now and then that goes away the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures! Little Early Girl sure has some pretty markings!
    Dang, I think I'm gonna have to put Swiss Steak on the menu this week after looking at your beautiful veggies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cantaloupe shop, makes me want to go straight out and buy one.
    And Early Girl is really cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~