Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Champagne Anyone? There's Cause for Celebration!

Come on...let's celebrate!!!

Hmmmmm...looks like it's gonna be a BYOB celebration.
This bottle's empty!!

Oops...sorry we didn't save any for you...but I can tell you that it tasted good!!

What's the big celebration for? Well, Brego's found his person...and he'll be moving to Virginia!! Yep, Virginia!! We're all pretty excited...Brego, J (the buyer), and me!

J flew into Portland OR and then had to drive the 6 hours to get to Burns...but she made it. Yesterday afternoon, my friend Andi, local trainer Corinne Elser and J came out to the ranch to check him out.

I showed his round pen work and then rode him and ponied Colt down to the arena...Colt was there for moral support!! Brego has never had 5 people all around staring at him! He took it all in stride...I was very proud of him.

We rode in the arena; walk, trot, and canter...stop and back...he's doing beautiful circles and his stop is awesome.

Corinne is checking out Brego's mind...she's testing how well
he can handle movement of her body while riding him.

Next trainer Corinne, winner of the Western States Mustang Challenge in 2008 at the age of 22, spent some time evaluating Brego's temperament and ability. If J decided to purchase Brego, he would be spending the winter in training with Corinne.

Of course the ultimate test is whether J and Brego make a connection with each other.

Getting to know each other...the mind meld.

Brego has always been leery of strangers...we don't get a lot of people out to the ranch, so he's pretty much a one person horse at this point.

But after just a little bit of handling and trust building with Corinne, he was fine with her...and the same with J. His heart is big, and he wants to please...he's just cautious.

In the end, J and Brego hit it off very nicely!!

After putting Brego and Colt back out to pasture, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner (which My Man cooked...what a man he is!!!). Five horse people at the dinner table is a lot of fun!

Congratulations J, you've found the horse that can let you achieve your goals...and congratulations Brego, for finding the home that you've been searching for for many years.

We wish you both all the best~

CHEERS!!


15 comments:

  1. Lots of Congratulations!!! Good on Brego!(and you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats all around :)

    Any chance J will be starting a blog? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the best news. Hip hip hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, to you and Brego and J!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for Brego, J, and you! Happy trails Brego and J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad everything worked out for all of you! (except me) he he. I hope J will keep you posted on his progress. I don't think there could be anything better than to 'break bread" with some fine horse people. Tons of fun.
    Congratulations! I am sure that is a huge weight off of your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, when you put your mind to something, you sure get it done! Congrats to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be a great feeling to know that Brego will have a super home and will be doing what he was bred for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's wonderful - best wishes for all! Now ... I want to know how you got that glass to stay tilted for the picture. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. cdncowgirl...hmmmm...don't know; but it would be a good one!

    Rhonda~it had something to do with the bottle ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just came upon your blog last month and read all about Brego. as soon as I read Champagne, he jumped into my mind, so happy I was right. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi I am J (aka Jacqui) Brego's new owner! Thanks everyone for the comments! I love him to pieces and cannot wait till I see him again in February/March. I might need to do this blog thing to keep everyone updated or give him his own FB page - he is famous apparently! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~