Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Feel of Autumn

Forever Autumn 
The summer sun is fading as the year grows old 
And darker days are drawing near 
The winter winds will be much colder 
Now you're not here... 

the opening lyrics of the song by The Moody Blues 

Someone posted this music video on FaceBook yesterday, I had to listen to it...over and over again. Today, I still can't get it out of my head...but that's not all bad. I loved this song from back in my high school days, and hearing the song takes me back to many good memories.




Colt and I got out on Thursday to help the neighbors gather up pairs and sort some out that didn't belong to them...only 5 pair, but it's way easier to have two horses when you've got 200 pair to get them out of. I hadn't ridden Colt since the Futurity...it was a very welcome outing for both of us!!


Trailin' Cows
The perfect view...between my horse's ears ;~)


Waiting...
Back home again and I'm rescuing Cindy Sue from inside the house.
She want's to be a cow dog and go with me, but she'd only be trouble!

My fall Mike Bridges clinic starts next week...where are the days going?!?

My Man has all 6 cord of juniper wood split and stacked in the wood shed. We unloaded and stacked the last of the grass hay into the barn today (12 1/2 ton total). We figure that if the horses have hay and we've got wood, we're ready for winter...

But, it's been a really nice end of summer. The temp reached 90 today, but tomorrow it's only supposed to be 72...but then we get another warming trend next week. I hope it holds out through the clinic. I won't be back until probably October 7...keepin' my fingers crossed for sunshine and warm temps!!

Time to get my nose back to the grindstone and get stuff done...hope everyone is having as nice of a weekend as I am!

10 comments:

  1. Ijust love this song and your shots are so good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always been a Moody Blues fan. Glad you feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too used to listen to Moody Blues. Guess that dates me!
    I love that photo of Colt. He has such a soft look to him.Also like the fence ornaments!
    Knowing that your hay and wood are all put up, you should be able to relax and enjoy the clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have fun at the clinic. Sure is a good feeling to have hay and wood all ready.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great weekend! Enjoy the clinic =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colt's looking good! Love the "between the ears" view. :) Yes, even one more person helping makes a big difference sorting & moving cattle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what great shots!

    Poor Cindi Sue...LOL, I know she would be trouble.

    Hope to hear about your clinic.

    Sigh, Autumn is here to stay.
    I have a love~hate relationship with it. I love to see it, but know it brings on the cold winter.
    But hey, winter can be fun too!

    Morris says howdy to Cindi Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah the inevitable fall~ I'd like for it to never end- because then comes the cold and mud. Of course having your hay put up, the road graveled, the horses fat and all snug and tidy sure helps ease those winter crazies.
    BTW- Have you ever heard Richard Elloyan's music? He's a cowboy singer out of Nevada and his work is superior! Find him on Pandora and have a listen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Karin, we have another mutual friend! It really is a small world! LOL Was talking to her at her uncles funeral today and she said she was in a, oh what did she say??, a bridle horse "thing" Sunday, in Central, Oregon. Something just clicked in my head and I told her about you, Karin that ridesa black bay, and she said "Oh, Colt!" Yes yes. Well she is supposed to tell you Hi, for me. It is Sara Osborn. Hows that for a small world!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I nominated you for a blog award. Swing on by and pick it up when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~