Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Another Cutting Show

The unexpected always happens when you least expect it.
~Lola Parkins 1900~


After a very busy week, we'll do some R & R at the Roaring Springs Ranch...the High Desert Cutters is having a show there today.


After the Bath
All cleaned up and ready to go!
We had a good practice yesterday at the Bell-A Ranch, he got a good roll in the dirt, ate in the pasture all afternoon, and got a good hosing off at 7 PM last evening. That's the only thing I like about 95 degree days!

So, we're off and running...Hopefully my camera man will get something good!




6 comments:

  1. Colt looks wonderful! Hope you have a great time and do well in the show- I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful time! I love to watch any kind of ranch horse activity, whether it's cutting, sorting, penning, ranch rodeo, etc. I'll sure look forward to anything you post from this. :)

    Wrote about team sorting today on here:

    acowgirlsheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so well done. You get how to photograph horses. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!

    Loved your pack-rat post. Those pics of the dogs getting that rat was awesome. My dogs love to get prairie dogs. I love it that they get the prairie dogs. So tired of having to fill in holes when I am irrigating so that the water flows properly. Good luck keeping the rats in check. At least the PD's stay in the pasture. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maia~I took this after I hosed him off and it was about 7:30 in the evening. I was putting away my stuff and he was standing just right in the lighting, and I grabbed the camera. By the time I got it out and turned on, he'd moved. I tried to get him back in that exact same spot, but couldn't find it...I started putting my stuff away again and then he moved himself into the perfect light...and I got it that time!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~