Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pendleton~Pendleton~~Who's Coming to the Roundup?!?!?


WhoooooHooooo!!!!
It's Roundup time again!!

I know there are a few readers out there that will be going, and I'd love to meet you in person. Anyone interested in a blogger breakfast at Stillman Park's Cowboy Breakfast or meet in the Let 'er Buck room for a beverage before the rodeo??

Send me an email (address is on the left) and let's try to get together!!


There is a wonderful blogger story
that accompanies this Wild Rag.



A lil' over a month ago, I got an email. It took me a few minutes to figure out who sent the email which said:

"It looks like I'm not gonna get to go to Pendleton this year after all. However, when I was cleaning out my mother's things from her house in Florida, I found an OLD silk scarf from the Round Up in the cedar chest. It has to be at least 40 years old. This is not something that I would ever wear or use. It's too nice to just sit in my cedar chest. I would like to give it to you with the caveat that you USE it!! Send me your snail mail address and I will get it to you in time for the Round Up."

It was signed by "Jenny." You know how we all are...most of us are known by an alias or our blog name. But, "Florida" and her email address that included "AK" were the clues that put the puzzle together. There aren't too many bloggers that I know from Alaska...but, when I found
I had to start following. Horses in Alaska??? I gotta find out about that! Not only does she have horses, but goats and sheep. The scenery is beautiful...a place I want to visit sometime...on horseback!




Obviously she'd read enough on my blog to know my
attire style and love of rodeo...especially the Roundup.

And here is an almost total stranger giving me what I would
consider to be a family heirloom of her late mother's.
It put tears to my eyes.


When I got the package, I couldn't believe how beautiful and detailed the scarf was. It's in perfect condition...but, yes, I'll be wearing it next week at the Roundup!! I still couldn't believe that Jenny wanted me to have it!




The boarder represents the "Indian Village" that
has been part of the Roundup for decades. It's a really fun place
to buy authentic hand-made goods as well as great indian food.






Isn't the detail gorgeous?


~~Thank you Jenny from the bottom of my heart...your
kindness and generosity won't be forgotten~~


Blogger folks are the best folks wouldn't you agree??!!


TransparentSig

7 comments:

  1. The scarf is absolutely gorgeous, what a wonderful gift.
    I love getting to know people through their blogs. The blogger breakfast sounds perfect.
    There can be some bad eggs out there though. I have learned the hard way to be much more careful than I was before.I was a little too trusting and naive. Cyber space is very big.
    I'd be there in a minute if I was in driving distance though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarf is absolutely gorgeous, what a wonderful gift.
    I love getting to know people through their blogs. The blogger breakfast sounds perfect.
    There can be some bad eggs out there though. I have learned the hard way to be much more careful than I was before.I was a little too trusting and naive. Cyber space is very big.
    I'd be there in a minute if I was in driving distance though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, Jenny just sees that rich heart of a real cowgirl that would cherish wearing her mom's very special kerchief..knowing you would wear it with pride. Your story brought a warmth to my heart. Thank you.... to both you and Jenny for sharing. Wish I could meet you for breakfast but in the meantime I'll just follow along your as I enjoy your cowgirl spirit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's about the coolest fellow blogger story I've ever read. You will be looking mighty stylish at this year's round-up. Have a wonderful time, take LOTS of pictures, and post them all here so we can live vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool, what a neat thing for her to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the coolest rag I've ever seen! What a treasure! I bet you get a lot of compliments on that. Can't wait to see what it's like, that's one thing I've always wanted to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's gorgeous! So...YOU! And you made a new friend to boot...or is it..buck!

    Let 'er buck!
    :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~