I'm doing a couple of weekly photo challenges on Facebook. This week, one of those challenges was to use the 50mm lens...shoot whatever you want, but use the 50mm lens or something as close as you could get to 50mm.
Well, when I bought this "used-new to me" Canon DSLR, it came with four lenses...including a 50mm which I've never used! I LOVE IT!!
It's light weight and takes consistently good quality photos with little to no post-processing.
|"Awwww Rastus...I luv you!" says Mindy Mae|
I like that the lens shoots more closely what your eye sees (distance wise)...there's no zoom, it's a fixed lens...you have to do it the ol' fashioned way...move your feet!
|"Is it dinner yet?"|
I can't explain this part, but I was able to get this shot out the back barn door...I'm standing in the dark barn and the bright sundown light is shining onto Colt. Usually the gate boards are black or he's all over exposed. Shrugging my shoulders on this one!
|Love the fine detail...this is SOOC...no processing.|
And, action shots were really impressive!! I set the camera in Action mode and I got more consistent shots than with the zoom!
|The Boys...and just outside of the frame|
is Mindy Mae trying to get in the middle of the play!
Summary...I'm going to use this lens a LOT in the future!!
My Random 5...
1. To clarify my statement from last week about being concerned with My Man's retirement...it's mainly the health insurance that's bothering me!! And My Man sure won't be lettin' any grass grow under his feet after retirement...he just won't be working for the lumber yard anymore!
2. I got my hair cut yesterday...My Man didn't say boo about it...he sort of ticked me off...guess it's a bad cut.
3. Pierce needs lots of ground work before I get on him again...he's got issues with someone being on him...he's not happy or relaxed like he should be.
4. It's home made Egg Foo Young and a movie tonight...all at home!
5. Italian at our friend's house tomorrow...I'm making bread sticks and dessert...yum, can't wait!
Have an awesome weekend!!!