~Hold your tongue when it comes
to talking badly about a friend.~
~Mary Lloyd 1880~
It's been ages since I blogged a recipe. As I was rounding up my ingredients for breakfast this mornin', I decided that since I'm addicted to this new recipe I found, I really should share it.
Ever since we got chickens...5 years ago...I can't seem to go without an egg for breakfast. Cereal just doesn't stick with me, and I'm starving by 10 AM. With an egg breakfast I can eat just two meals a day...suites me perfect!
My favorite recipe web site is Allrecipes.com which is where I found "Omelet in a Mug."
Four simple ingredients and a microwave...you've got breakfast in just a few minutes.
|The four simple ingredients.|
1. Coat the inside of the mug or bowl with spray cooking oil, butter, or (my favorite) a dab of bacon grease.
2. Beat 2 eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Mix in the rest of the ingredients: 2 tablespoons fully cooked cubed ham; 2 tablespoons grated cheese (my fav is medium Tillamook cheddar), and 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper.
|You can use either a microwave safe mug or bowl.|
4. Cook in microwave for 1 minute; stir.
5. Cook for another 1 1/2 minutes or until eggs are set.
|I find that using my fresh eggs, it sometimes takes another 30 seconds|
for the eggs to completely cook. I think they are just larger
than regular store-bought eggs.
6. Enjoy!!! You can eat it right out of the bowl, or scoop it out onto a plate.
|I like my Omelet with an English muffin and a dab of|
home-made strawberry/rhubarb freezer jam!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
I'm heading out to saddle up Colt to bring down the Wild Bunch off the hill...I have a prospective buyer for Brego coming today...please send good thoughts my way to find a new, good home for Brego.
Sharing this with Farm Chick's recipe linky party!