Howdy 'n Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee, and enjoy the ride! You can contact me at gtyyup at wildblue dot net. See ya on down the trail!
All photos and content on this blog are exclusively mine, unless noted.
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Waiting, Watching 'n Wondering

~I would love to be more gentle with myself,
but I don't want to end up a weakling.~
~Mary Lowe 1892~


Waiting
Waiting...for the "Cow Girls" to calve. EllieMae, on the right, should be first...any day now!
I thought it was going to be Annabelle who would calve first, but EllieMae looks much more ready.

I mentioned the "Cowculator" a couple of posts back...and it's a spreadsheet that I got from Eastern Oregon Agriculture Research Center. I just use the simple part of it...plugged in the average breeding date and it gives me the average calving date, which came up as April 10. But, with a herd of just 2, that gives us a wide range of before or after dates too.


Watching
Watching...things just seem to look better to Bella Jo from the top of the dog houses!
I hope she's watchin' for coyotes.


Wondering
Wondering...Stetson is always wonderin' when
he's gonna to get his next meal!


8 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Poor ol` Stetson! (I know what he means!)

Susan said...

We're wondering when spring is coming.

Shirley said...

Looks like you have some decent weather right now; the cows are probably waiting for bad weather to calve out!

Crystal said...

how cute Bella Joe is on her doghouse! I hope never to have to wonder when my next meal is.

lisa said...

I just love that picture of Bella Jo! My blue that I had was a little more solid but I think they are great dogs and I hope to get another one in the future. I also liked the one of Stetson!

Ed said...

LOL! Great post, can't wait for the calf pics..:-)

Carol said...

What a handsome dog. I've always wanted one...but I never buy dogs..I take those that need homes...and I've now cows to herd.

cdncowgirl said...

So approximately how many days is a cow preggers?
Looking forward to the baby pics :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin