Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Stills~Your Best Shot of 2010

~I plan on growing old much later in life,
or maybe not at all.~
~Patty Carey 1901~

Well, this Sunday Stills Challenge was definitely a challenge!! I couldn't just pick one, and I think a lot of the participants are going to have the same problem!!

But, I did get it whittled down to my fav five...and in no particular order...


Horse & Rider~Similar Expressions?
Thank goodness for the 20x zoom.
This was taken at the Pendleton Roundup from our seats.
What I like most is the similar facial expressions on the rider and the horse...just a bit worried!

Soft Touch
This brandin' photo has an innocence about it that I just love.


Hey Pards~Catch Me!
Again, one of those lucky shots sitting in my seat in the grandstand...action and confusion!


Buckaroo Gear
I like how this shot makes you feel right there...smell the hair a burnin' and feel the rope in your hands!
(I took this while sitting on my horse.)


Checkin' the Tack
This shot really captures the wide open spaces of the high desert in the Great Basin.
Coupled with a handsome horse and cowboy...it's one of those shots
 that I really wish I had a better camera for. But, it's not bad for takin' it while horseback.
That's it for me!

Head on over to the comments section of this post at Sunday Stills to find the links to all the other Top Shots of 2010! Enjoy!


29 comments:

  1. WOWOWO !!! Great shots -- I LOVE the first one. When I saw it I said UH OH I think I've been in that position before!

    Love the girl with the calf too.. emotional picture for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all amazing. Great to be able to see such life first hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't pick between the last three. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all really nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well darn I can't pick a fave, loved em all Karen. I don't know how you managed to get it down to five, I have seen a lot of your photos this past year and I don't think there was a single one that couldn't make the best of 2010. Happy New year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't pick a fave, all of them are fantastic...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, great shots!!! Two thumbs up and more! Beautiful!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All really wonderful shots Karen! Hope to see lots more this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous shots. Great representation of the "other side" of the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect reflection of your lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! What great action shots. It would be difficult to pick a favorite, but the one of the little girl and calf did touch my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, do you have some great timing, girl! There's nothing lucky about that. Don't sell yourself short. Amazing on those action shots. I wish I was half as good with a camera as you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year. Great action shots, good choices. Regular Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are all great shots but the bucakroo ones are my favorites of course.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos, so evocative. That 'handsome cowboy' wouldn't happen to be your 'handsome cowboy' by any chance would it ;)
    Thanks for visiting my blog - yes I do have a little house in the desert now and I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow That last one is fantastic! I also really like the first one aswell!

    Great job! Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Hard to pick. So well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the photo of the young girl and the calf, so sweet.

    -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. they are all fantastic! I just adore the little girl and calf. The open prairie and horses - what a life!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the one of the little girl anf the calf too, but the rodeo one where the horse fell is pretty amazing timing to get that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great photos! They are all good! They bring alive what you see everyday!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent choices! I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My favorite is your cowboy posing in your high desert. That's Eastern Oregon at it's best! Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your pictures are always such a pleasure to view! Happy New Year to you and the man too..and the horses and dogs, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't know why you don't get my comments but I'll try again.Your photos are amazing and there is no way to pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Actually I ADORE your fuzzy burro shot on top - what a coverboy/girl! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~