Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Stills~The Letter W

~I want to live where it's not so wild
and I can be a lady.~
~Vera Steers 1875~

Well, Vera Steers, I've got to say that I don't mind livin' here where I don't have to be a lady!!! But, they worked a lot harder back in 1875 than we do now...progress is sometimes a good thing.

OK...

Onward to the Sunday Stills photo challenge!! This Week's challenge is the letter "W"...Which Was a Wonderful Way to Widen my Willy Way With my camera...silly me   ;~)

Wheat~
Crested Wheat
Crested Wheat to be exact...with a nice Wood background.

Windows~
Lookin' In at the Past (1/2)
Lookin' into the Window of the building of Old Princeton on
our property...it's like lookin' into the past.


Lookin' Out at the Present (2/2)
This is the same Window from the inside...lookin' out at the present.


Memories Were Made at this Window
The view facing northeast...how many people stood
 or sat at this Window gazing at this beautiful view in days gone past?

Wings~
Incoming Flight
Wingin' it! We go through a lot of Wild bird seed
to keep these lil' buggers out of the chicken coop!

Thanks for stoppin' by!

Check out all the other participant's photos by going HERE!!

22 comments:

  1. Great shots love the wheat pic..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your W subjects. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen these are all great shots. Loved the texture in the old barn wood as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pics are great - I also like the woodgrain...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so appreciated seeing something besides winter, white and wind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the wooden window, and the scenes from the windows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shots.

    Hey, I like your new header. I want to scratch his fuzzy forehead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice. I like the composition of all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful job on the pics and play on words. Regular Guy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, loved em all. That was quite creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What? No Winter?? I love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, I love the texture in all the old wood. That's a cool old building. I love your header too, talk about texture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed your photos! That's an interesting thought, about others who might've looked out that window a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your wings are amazing. We have to feed the birds also to keep them out of the chicken house. Ugh

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Different views of W's here. Thanks for the variety. I love the window shots.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what great photos. I love the window in that old building. I LOVE old buildings.

    I think it would be kinda fun to see if you can find things to photograph that begin with a certain letter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are great shots, i too love the wheat shot against the wood!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah those wings are fantastic..great choices this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~