Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Stills~The Color Green

~If I don't look out for my own well-being, no one else will.~
~R.B Farmer 1887~

With everything that's happened to Cindy Sue this week, the Sunday Stills photo challenge was on the back burner. But, I already had a couple of pics, so we'll just go with these two. There isn't much green around here this time of year...it's mostly brown...not even any snow!   :(


Mornin' Sun
My late bloomin' Christmas cactus caught
 my eye one mornin' as the sun was coming up.



Crested Wheat
On the ledges of the rim rock, soil gathers in the cracks and pockets.
There's lots of surprises of what grows there, including this Crested Wheat.
Of course my green is the lichen and the moss on the rocks,
they made a nice frame.

Check out the other Sunday Stills 'green' photos by going HERE!

15 comments:

  1. Great Green shots.I just read about Cindy Sue and those rotten Coyotes I hope she is and will be ok. Sounds like it's time to do some hunt'n.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots, hope CS is feeling better..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lichen shot. Sending positive thoughts for Cindy Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I LOVE that first shot. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots!
    I had no problem finding green up here! LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shots, good luck to you and Cindy Sue. That is something else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to read that Cindy Sue is doing better and home with you. Love your "green" shot of the Christmas cactus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great shots especially considering that you had so much going on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done. Hope things are going well with little Cindy Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Green shots, I enjoyed them both. The last one is really good..the lichens and moss are a favorite of mine. I will have to go back and read about your Cindy Sue:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. oo the color on the edges of the christmas cactus leaf are so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the cactus shot. hope Cindy Sue is better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love everything about the wheat photo. So glad CS is doing better.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~