Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Stills~Macro Pics

~If I work at being happy, it usually works.~
~Ella Sommers 1898~

Macro shots is this week's challenge at Sunday Stills.

Ed was givin' us a break from outside shots because of the frustrating weather most everyone is experiencing...but my indoor lighting skills suck...so between rain showers, I went back outside.


I Used to be Purple



My garden is all bare, but I hadn't snipped off these chive heads and they were about the most interesting thing I could find! They're so ugly, they're almost pretty!


Last Summer I Was Pretty



Check out more macro shots by going here in the comments.

19 comments:

  1. Actually, I thought you might post some winter vegetation, and I'm not disappointed. Pants in winter have a whole different kind of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that your were really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gtyyup, I like your shots, I was thinking of going our side but no sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really pretty. Makes me wish I hadn't cut my chives back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I did the outside thing too, slogged through some snow to get it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shots, kinda artesy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice photos, you'll be in spring soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the background on the 2nd shot! they are different in a pretty-ugly type of way. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great texture, and that first photo has such an appealing design with all those stems.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great winter vegetation..do you find that the chives re-seed all over..I even have them growing in the woods. Nice shots:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like them, great shots..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, even dry winter things have a beauty. It's in the shape and texture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Weird how they look so pretty even though they're dead and dried up. But of course, folks like to use dried flowers for decoration, so it's not to strange. I think I like the color the best and the interesting texture. That first one could be enlarged and framed and placed in a bedroom. It has a calming feel to it.

    Nice job!
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. really neat and unique pictures.
    I also enjoyed the ones in the post below of the horses in action after dark

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do better with outdoors shots too. This time of year mine tend to have lots of snow in them! Your chive head sure has a unique look for the winter! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Even in the winter, the plants know that black, taupe, and white make a perfect ensemble :) nice shots!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~