Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Quick Update on Cindy Sue

"I just wanted to be with my mommy."
Yep, she was trying to come into the kitchen (where my desk and computer are) , but the dang cone got her stuck. I took it off of her and she followed me to my desk and wanted in my chair with me...just like normal!!!

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions about her issues.

She's eating well, but still wants me to hand feed it to her most of the time. I've used a small syringe to put water in her mouth, and she swallows it...but she mainly likes it when she licks water off my finger...whatever works!! But this mornin' she walked up to Bella Jo's bowl and took a big long drink!! YEAH!!

The cone thing is a real problem though. She can't even hold her head up with it on. It's only on her when I can't watch her (like going out to feed or make dinner). But, I have to go to town today, so I'll be checking out our farm store (Big R) to see if they have an inflatable collar (thanks DarcC for that suggestion). They've got a full pet aisle, so I hope they've got one. If not, I'll order one online. Dreaming suggested an infant T shirt and that might be an option too, but after we clean her wounds, she gets smeared with a Silver Sulfadiazine cream, and I'm afraid the T shirt would stick and maybe irritate. But, options are always worth a try!

I'm getting better at getting her pills down her too...it's a challenge, but it's getting easier.

Oh, the other thing that is really noticeable today is that her eyes are much brighter...I think she's feeling a lil' bit better.

OK...I've got to head for town. Thanks again everyone for all you've done~


23 comments:

  1. Hi Gtyyup, Cindy Sue in your chair is a really good sign. Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tough girl and an awesome Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to poor little Cindy Sue!! I'm glad she's gonna make it, and be as good as new! Scary deal! Poor baby...kisses and hugs from me. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks much perkier! My RT is a pain to give pills to, I use Pill Pockets, she thinks it's a treat. I get the big ones and usually use a third at a time. They have them at Petco, although they are cheaper on Amazon. Gett better soon, Cindy Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good signs! Can't keep those tough little ratties down long. But then Cindy Sue has a momma who goes the extra, extra mile to make sure she get's what she needs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy Cindy Sue is coming along so well. One thing I'm wondering is how the coyotes got so close with your other dogs around. Our dogs run them off. We consider it part of their job. We don't shoot them unless they threaten to cause a problem, which they never have because they don't get close enough to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear of such postive progress! Hurray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brave little girl. Give her a kiss for me. Happy to hear the good news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear that your little girl is perkier. Way to go Cindy Sue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like she's feeling a bit better. So glad to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She does look a little sprier. I'm so happy she is doing better. That is just horrific what she went thru. As I was outside playing with the dogs tonight, I heard the coyotes howling near the house. I thought of y'all. I've had a puppy killed by them before. The only good coyote is a dead one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurray! I was so happy to read this update, I have been thinking about dear, sweet Cindy Sue all day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hurray for Cindy Sue, she does look like she is feeling somewhat better! Glad she is starting to drink on her own.
    Thanks for the update!
    Keep gettin' better, Cindy Sue!!!
    hugs to all....
    jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can't keep a good dog down- not even from your chair! She knows where the best spot in the house is- right beside you! She probably won't want you out of her sight after you saved her life.
    Good to hear she is drinking, she's well on the road to recovery now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad she's home and on the mend! Happy dog to be home.

    I've seen "soft" collars in catalogs that are large enough to keep the dog from reaching wounds but not clunky and awkward.

    Sending healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's great news!

    The medical care has been doing a terrific job, but now she is requiring lots of love and affection to heal her body and mind. Sweet girl!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so glad Cindy Sue is feeling better! I know those Elizabethan Collars are hard for the babies to wear, but necessary evil. Keep on feeling better and keep us all posted.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear a good report! Hope she keeps mending just fine. Glad she got to drinking water.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh poor puppy! Hope she'll be back to normal soon! Good that she's drinking again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very uplifting news. She's definitely on the mend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good ol' Cindy Sue, the previous post had me tearing up thinking of her wounds, I'm glad she is doing better and can't wait to see her up and running the ranch again. Great job Karen, you are my hero..:-))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey, Thanks for the updates..you can roll a bath towel and put it on like a collar..just cut an old one apart to give you the size you need. Ice..see if she will eat ice chips..I fed a dog once for days with ice chips..I put them in my mouth with a swig of coke and then spit them into my hand..I know it sounds disgusting..but with the gatoraid they have now days it would give her what she needs for fluids.
    Wound care..she will heal pretty fast...I am praying for no huge infections.
    We hear the coyotes every night here..scary..they were just being mean..mean..mean:(

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~