Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Solstice...The Big Day is Here!!

~Every day I look for unusual things to happen.
It keeps my life from being too dull.~
~Rosie Mass 1884~


Last evening was an unusual event...a lunar eclipse with the coming of the Winter Solstice. It was a beautiful, clear, cold night.


Winter Solstice Moon
On the eve of the Winter Solstice.

I took this photo just as the moon was rising over Hat Butte. At 10:32 PM our time, the lunar eclipse began....in my slippers, I watched for a few minutes...didn't even try to take a shot...and went back into the warm house. Yep, I was a weenie!!!

But hey...the really BIG DEAL is that the days will starting gettin' longer again!!!

YEAH!!!!!!



11 comments:

  1. Is it a sign of age? That when the days start to get longer, we dance with joy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture! I wish I could take pics like that! Amen to the longer days, I need a 48 hr day to get it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow beatiful - didn't get a chance to see here in MN - it was snowing! I've been a follower but haven't chkd in for some time --- I'm a regrouping my blogs and checking back up on all of the horsey ones.... Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cheyenne...age...I try not to talk about age!!! But, I'll do the happy dance for warmer, longer days! And like Mikey says...48 hours to get everything done...I need that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't see the moon from the San Francisco Bay Area last night- too cloudy! But your picture was wonderful.
    I love your new header photo! Looks like MY kind of country! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your comments and loved the picture. When the light comes back we all get happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were clouded over :-(. Excellent moon hot out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was way too wimpy to go out and look at the moon last night but my hubby went out and watched about half teh eclipse but never took any pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the big old moon - easier to do afternoon chores by lol! well at least it feels that way - so glad we'll be seeing more daylight soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was in Scottsdale AZ and I had an excuse for not staying up late to watch it - it was cloudy! of course, I probably would've wimped out and gone to bed anyway...
    - The Equestrian Vagabond

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~