Howdy 'n Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee, and enjoy the ride! You can contact me at gtyyup at wildblue dot net. See ya on down the trail!
All photos and content on this blog are exclusively mine, unless noted.
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Macro Monday~5/17/10

Are we tired of flowers yet after yesterday's Sunday Stills?!?


The apple blossoms are about to open.
I hope the freezing weather will stay at
bay for a while.



I never knew dandelions could be so pretty!


I'm leaving today for Clackamas...so no internet (well, I'm actually going to try using their 'courtesy computer' to get email).

Blogger meet: It looks like we're going to get to meet some new faces!!!

Date: May 19
Where: Old Spaghetti Factory (Clackamas Town Center)
Time: 6 pm Happy Hour in the bar; 7 pm Dinner

Leave a comment if you'd like to join us if you haven't already done so. We'd love to have ya!


13 comments:

lisa said...

It is pretty amazing how the dandelion can be pretty, they were really bad here this year. We have them all over the place!

Jayke said...

Wow I didn't even recognize that as a dandi until you said it was!

My Significant Other is a landscaper, and he doesn't use herbicides, so he will often spend an entire afternoon de-dandelion-ing a lawn by hand! They aren't very welcome in conversation in our household!

wilsonc said...

Great shots of the apple blossom and the dandelion. I do all my shots with a standard lens and a telephoto. A macro lens is on my wish list though and I think I know the one I am going to get.

Sydney said...

Aha I love the little curlies on the dandelion.

Sarah said...

the detail on that dandelion is so pretty! nope, we never get tired of flowers! Have fun at teh meetup!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Everything looks more interesting in macro, I think. Flowers especially!
Nice job!

Have fun at the bloggers meet up!

~Lisa

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hey, I never get tired of flowers! Your dandelion shot is amazing! Your meet sounds like fun..have a good time:)

Holly said...

excellent job on both, but really love the dandelion!

Ed said...

Great shots, sorry I could'nt make it to the meet, it seems the company dose not want to get me out west..:-( Have fun...

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

I LOVE your dandelion photo!

morephotosplease said...

Great last shot on the macro. Nice and bright, makes my gloomy rainy day look better.

CTG Ponies said...

I'm never tired of flowers. Lovely!

gtyyup said...

wilsonc~I do all my photos with my Canon PowerShot SX 20 IS. It has a macro setting AND a super macro setting. I really like the super macro setting! Once you get your macro lens, you're going to have so much fun!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin