Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday Stills ~ The Color Orange


It's way too early for much color here in Eastern Oregon yet, but I found a couple of bright spots this past week to submit for this week's Sunday Stills photo challenge...




This lil' guy...er...should I say Lady...was
trying to hide on my drive lines at the barn.

I take this as a definite sign of Spring!!







Of course here is the every day sight of lichen growing
on the rocks in the high desert...it's still nice
to see beautiful spots of color in the
sometimes drab landscape.




Check out the other participant's "The Color Orange" by going HERE in the comments section. Or join us next week as Ed posts the new Sunday Stills challenge for next week on Sunday.


TransparentSig

20 comments:

  1. I really liked the lichen shot, very interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like yours! loved the lady bug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I love the new header! Very representative of you. We had a ladybug in the kitchen about a month ago; I never thought to use the photo of that! They are one bug I don't mind. The lichen are a beautiful splash of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New header with Colt is great! -- good choice on the color orange -- like the ladybug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot of the ladybug..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Ladybug is great - made me laugh, she did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool ORANGE shots indeed!! Love your eye!
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices. I love ...Love ....love your new header. Very Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pics. Ditto re the new header.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I love the ladybug one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's official Spring is here, LadyBug on the ranch. Great capture. Regular Guy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting texture in both of those.

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome lady bug photo
    you either have an awesome macro lens or the lady bugs at your place are giants :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too love the new header with Colt's beautiful head.
    Great orange photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The lichen is very cool! And we saw our first lady bug of the season yesterday. It landed on Zip's nose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love the lichen photos, that was one I didn't think of!! Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The lichen is cool! We have different colors of lichen around our mountains, and the colors are delightful.
    The lady bug is cute. And what make the photo so awesome is the color pop against the texture of the rope.

    You did good!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am starting to see Lady Bugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful lichen, so abstract.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~