Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Stills

This week's photo challenge at Sunday Stills was "Potluck"...anything goes...Ed said to get down and dirty with my camera...hmmmm...I really only got one shot that was "dirty" so to speak.

But, as with all potlucks, there should plenty of different dishes to select from (I couldn't choose just one). So, here are my favorite shots from the week.




We had one frosty morning where I found this
wad of horse hair on the fence covered
in frost.
Used the macro setting and Auto.







This is my "dirty" shot.
Brego was having himself a good
roll...I guess he was getting "down and dirty" not me!
It was cloudy and I just used the Auto setting.






A buckaroo portrait.
Our good friend Gary Rose came to trim
a few horses...he's got great stories to tell.



Head on over here and see who else posted their Potluck Sunday Stills photos this week. You can join in on the fun next week. Ed will post the next challenge this afternoon.




Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. I love frost pictures! All three are good; looks like the buckaroo didn't want his picture taken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice selections, the frost one is fantastic....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great shots. I love that first one though I'm partial to macro photos.

    Mine is up here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't figure out what that first shot was. Glad you put me out of my misery. I never would have guessed a wad of horse hair. LOL

    I've decided to give this Sunday Stills thing a try although I'm not experienced with my new camera, I'm hoping it will get me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos. My favorite is the frost but Brego is a funny one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures....great frost and I love the "dirty" shot, LOL! :) Hope the weekend is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wondered what you were going to post for the dirty shot ;) I love the first picture with the ice on the horse hair, you caught it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That frost on eis great - though thanks for explaining the horsehair! Possibly from Brego having a good scratch?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my.........GREAT shot of the frost on the fence and hair! But i have to be honest, I love the one of Brego having a good roll; ahhhh, bet that felt good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good potluck selections! The frost is great and Brego's back-scratching is fun, but I love the Buckaroo portrait. Looks like he's revving up to tell a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brego looks like he? is enjoying the dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots! Love the one of the horse shoer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos, love the one with the frost!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I looked yesterday but didn't comment. I love the frost pic. That is so unique, plus I'm jealous. We never get frost here so I can't take a pic like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That frosty horse hair photo is amazing!
    Excellent eye you have.

    I never thought of frost being that beautiful before. Thanks for opening up my eyes.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. That one of Brego is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it! Thhanks for the great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are all great, but the one of Brego rocks!
    I have something for you over at my place, come get it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too love the frost on the hair photo! cool stuff LOL literally LOL I find it a challange to go outside at all and take pics LOL the older I get the warmer I like my rock LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the frost pictures!! That is great!! And nothing beats a horse rolling. And your horse shoer is too cute!! I love old timey cowboys. I bet his stories are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! Clicked on from Little Apple Tally! I love the music and the pictures are AWESOME! I just enjoyed strolling through. I'll be back!
    Blessings~
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wicked photos!!! So much detail in the frost! And I love the horse rolling....go great to capture them outside of the normal stance (standing, running, etc). :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~